Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Holidays

I looked up holiday in the encyclopedia. It's a contraction of holy and day. Think about that....

Thanksgiving was nice because we spent it with Sudden's parents and his Grandma. It was not nice because we each took our turn with the flu, even the grandma's. I don't know how his dad escaped. Luckily we were able to lay around and watch all five seasons of Alias which we never watched when it was popular.

I wasn't able to go to my brother's wedding. I really wanted to be there but life got in the way. I'm eagerly awaiting pictures. I hope to see him and Lyndsie and Mesa at Christmas.

My birthday is Thursday. I told Sudden what I wanted for my gift. It's been sitting in the garage unwrapped for a couple of weeks. I'm pretending like I don't see it and won't let myself read all the info on the box. I'll also act all surprised when I get it. I really can't wait to open it though. Ok, I'll tell you what it is...the costco Paint set with the eisel. I haven't really painted since high school (Steph, don't tell your Dad) so I'm really excited to try again. I am picturing some difficulties though-like me having to lock myself in my closet so I won't be interrupted and I know the kids will want to "help". Nora won't be able to contain herself. Will it be completely selfish of me to not share? She does have her own paints. (Washable)

I'm not sure what to do about Christmas cards this year. I can't get motivated to write them. Maybe because I'm spending so much time blogging and e-mailing and talking on the phone:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay. Now I know you didn't just do this post because you were feeling the pressure from me.:) I love it. That's funny that your unwraped birthday present is just sitting in the garage. I noticed you couldn't resist telling what it was. I guess since Sudden won't read your blogs, he will be clueless to all of this. I'm so glad you're taking up painting again. That's awesome. I can't wait to see some of your work.

Bonnie said...

Happy Birthday today, on Thursday, in blogland! It is nice to get to know the friend who is so dear to my sister. Have a great day!

nora said...

hey there

nora said...

yes, i am leaving comments for myself.