We got three inches of snow Sunday night which is very unusual for Eugene. Of course there was no school. Nora and Silas woke up and as fast as they could began playing in the snow. I went out to take pictures of them when I noticed Nora's face was as white as the snow. She fell to her knees saying she was going to be sick. Did I mention how cold it was? I could see she couldn't make it to the house so I knelt beside her. She fainted right there in the snow. I wasn't worried about the fainting because it's just something the girls in our family do when they are about that age. I was worried about her laying in the snow until she felt like she could walk to the house. Her hands were bright red and covered in snow, she had snow down the back of her pants and up her shirt and she just had to lay there until (I can't lift 95 lbs) until Silas went to get Natalie (who is still in her pjs) to come out and help bring her in. Anyways she was just out for a few seconds and we got her in the house and warmed up. 30 minutes later she's drinking hot cocoa and all is well with the world.
It looks like we won't have school all week which turns a two week x-mas vacation into a 3 week one. pretty cool, huh.
1 comment:
We got lots of snow, too. Lots of it. That's amazing that you got snow there. How fun for Nora and Silas. 3 week vacation? How would that be? Enough to drive you nuts, probably, huh? It's a good thing you were out there when Nora fainted.
Post a Comment