I have to share what the Lord has done for me since moving to Eugene. I am overwhelmed with thankfulness and joy because of how he has cared for me. I have to admit my attitude when we first got here was not pretty. (Sorry to all who had to endure it.) From the very beginning though, God has been patient and gentle and gracious. He has answered big and small prayers every day. He has kept me company better than any friend ever could. He has given me rest. But of all the Lord has done, what I appreciate the most is His discipline. I am 34 years old and my kids say, "Why don't you and Daddy ever get in trouble?" Well we don't get grounded by our parents but, " The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away." I am so thankful God knows me and loves me enough to teach me that my pride can ruin relationships, that materialism and image can make me a slave, that not trusting Him can make me paranoid and trying to control people and circumstances takes away from God's glory. These are all things that God is teaching me and even though these are all difficult lessons, I'd rather be learning these than have a trouble free life.
This Christmas I pray that all of you will know and remember that God loves you beyond what words can express. That He offers you a real and personal relationship that can make any part of your life full of meaning and joy. That's what He did for me.
3 comments:
Nicole, I'm glad you're able to learn lessons from everyday life.
Love, Auntie Joyce
Thanks for sharing that Nicole. Without these trials in our lives, how would we grow or come to know God. He know our hearts and He knows what we need better than we do.
I've been thinking about you and praying for you.
Love ya,
Sharon
Nicole,
Thanks for sharing. It's always awesome to hear how God works in other's lives. I have too been on the receiving end of God's "rod of correction" a time or two.:) Isn't it great that we have a God of many chances and that He is faithful to love us more than we could ever deserve. Love you!
Steph
Post a Comment